Friday, September 18, 2015

Art on Friday




This week has sped by as we near the end of summer. High temperatures for the last full week of summer - 30C most days. 
I've done a bit of art - collages, a face, a journal page, some ATCs. Here's a glimpse:

Journal
Robin Williams has been a favourite of mine for so long and this quote by him resonates.


We need change in the world - and need ideas and words that can rock our assumptions and prejudices.



Show Your Face
Kim Dellow hosts a fun weekly challenge to share faces you have created each week. I took a long break from doing just that, but I have missed the challenge. Here's a watercolour face, using a magazine model.



Collages
I'm continuing my own challenge to play with papers. This time I did not include stamps or stamping. Next week I want to try a canvas collage.



Photography
I enjoy taking photos - of flowers, skies, and odd things.






Linking also with:

Art Journal Every Day

Paint Party Friday

Express Your Creativity




18 comments:

Kate Robertson said...

Lots of variety here this week Bev. I love the collage, its such a fun art form,

Kate

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of beautiful art and photos this week, well done. Here it's cold and grey, and I am shivering by 18°, autumn is on its way. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

carol l mckenna said...

All your work is very meaningful and creative! Love it!

Happy Weekend to you,
artmusedog and carol

Ayala Art said...

What a nice post, thanks for sharing... I love that quote♥

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous collage! I love the variety of your work. I try to do a little bit of everything, too.

Janet said...

You have so many things to see! I especially enjoy your collage work...it's something I love doing, too.

Wanda said...

More fun paintings, more great photo's and a very nice face...You have a very nice blog.

Unknown said...

Lovely!

Linda Kunsman said...

what a great array of projects Bev! Love Robin Williams too, along with the quote.

Deborah Wainwright said...

Great face hugs Debs xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

A great confident face, Beverley. Beautiful collage project and lovely photos too. It's so nice that your back with a face, I've missed you :)

Enjoy the weekend, sweetie.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Giggles said...

Beautiful collage and photography!! You are so right about needing change.... and I too loved Robin Williams as a favorite!!

Hugs Giggles

Gloria j Zucaro said...

I really love the paper collage because not only do I like the colors and arrangement, but it gave me the idea to start some of my own. I have so many papers of all types, and I used to make lap quilts from fabric. I could do simple quilt designs with my many papers!

DVArtist said...

This is a great post. I love all of the art you presented.
Have a great day.
Nicole/Beadwright

Dianne said...

Love how you are exploring many avenues of creativity at once! collage, journaling, photography...beautiful work!

Tracey FK said...

I am so late on PPF visits this week but glad I didn't miss this one... But glad I got here because you have had a great creative week... Really taken with the collage

Kim Dellow said...

Lovely work Beverley, great photos and pages and fab face too. I adore the sentiment. So true! Thanks for linking up to Show Your Face and for the shout out too. Kx

Beth Niquette said...

What an interesting collection of charming collages!