Friday, September 4, 2015

Art on Friday



I've been able to play more with paint and paper this week. I've joined an art group to share my art  based on a theme and have started a new challenge for September.

Paper, Paint, Pencils and Pens! welcomes artists to take part in the themes.From Sept. 1 -15 the theme is "All Kinds of Trees". Drop by - take part.
Here was my entry:




Journal Page
I used the tree background above to create this journal page:


(The quote is by Abraham Lincoln.)


Collages
I have always enjoyed creating collages and I started a new challenge for myself this month on art cards 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" I also have a huge stash of papers and want to make a dent in them. I have again tried to use stamps. I hope to do more stamp carving this month as well.





APCs
After a break of a few months I have returned to created ATCs with ATCsForAll. The swaps are a fun way to create art and then get new cards from other artists. Here's my latest set - creating a playing card set by the end, using used stamps.

Aces:




Kings:




Linking with:

Paint party Friday

Art Journal Every Day

Express Your Creativity

Creative Every Day

Inspire Me Monday



8 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

you sure have been on a creative roll Bev-fabulous projects! I really love the trees journal spread with that lovely quote.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of fabbie projects from you this week, happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Unknown said...

Wow! So many beautiful projects. I like your take on the APC's, the birds especially. Creating the collages is a great way to use up your stash while staying creative. I look forward to seeing more of these, hoping they will inspire me to stay creative during the school year.

sirkkis said...

You have been busy with great projekts. I love your tree and ATCs are fabulous.
Happy PPF ♥

Faye said...

Varied and lovely works of art. I especially love the tree and the quote attached.

Janet said...

You have so many creative ideas going here. I love it. And since collage is one of my favorite things I am especially drawn to yours.

Kate Robertson said...

I love seeing the collages that you do. Your choice of words is always spot on. Happy PPF. Thanks for linking at my site

Kate

Giggles said...

Loads of wonderful variety here!! Good for you!! Love the character quote that's a powerful piece of art and so true!

Hugs Giggles