Tuesday, September 22, 2015

ABC Wednesday - K and WOYWW

This week at ABC Wednesday, K is the letter of focus.

K is for keys. When I taught, keys were great for sorting, patterning and for art, so I have many of them.



When I looked up a quote for keys, one by George Washington Carver really struck me. Here is the journal spread I created.



Be sure to check here for ways that others around the world focused on K.



WOYWW


Julia Dunnit of "Stamping Ground" hosts a wonderful meme every week - WOYWW - where artists from around the world share what they are working on and what they are creating.

Here's my art table before I started to tidy and put paints, clean brushes and put other supplies away.


14 comments:

photowannabe said...

That quote is right on!
It definitely is the KEY.

Bridget Larsen said...

Love that quote and your book is coming along great
Bridget #1

Helen said...

the book looks great, and I agree with the others, it's a great quote. have a lovely week Helen 8

Julia Dunnit said...

Got enough paints Missus?! I like the key idea very much..and indeed was surprised to see that your journal was the size it is in the desk shot - looks smaller in the first. Oh. Just me?!

Lisca said...

I like your journal pages. Key is a good K word and the quote is great. Yes, you do have a lot of paint...
Have a good week,
Lisca#20

Trubes said...

Good word for the letter k, I must confess I struggled with it, but got test wishes,here eventually!
You sure do have a fine assortment of paints.

best wishes,
Di,
ABCW team.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Great idea to use keys in your artwork! Will keep that in mind! Love the page and the quote! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle

Glenda said...

Your book is wonderful and just look at all those keys! I have several lying around the house that don't have a lock any longer and I should use them!
Glenda #31

Roger Owen Green said...

I have too many unsorted keys!
ROG, ABCW

Unknown said...

I LOVE your key stash! When I saw your picture I just wanted to reach out and touch each one! lol
Your quote is great, but your desk doesn't seem messy enough! ;D

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That is a fantastic quote and so true. The keys are brilliant, I love the variety, a great source of inspiration too. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 36

Unknown said...

The k-quote is fenomenal!

Have a nice abc-week / day
♫ Mel☺dy ♫
(abc-w-team)

brenda lee said...

Fabulous quote and I love how you used sprays to leave the negative of the key! Your desk looks downright fun. :)
Happy WOYWW!
brenda lee #42

Unknown said...

Great quote for Keys. I simply wished young people would believe it. I enjoy dropping by each week to see your growing journal. I admire your commitment. Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment.