Tuesday, September 1, 2015

ABC Wednesday - H and WOYWW


\This week at ABC Wednesday, H is the letter of the week.

H is for Horse. The highlight of our yearly trip to Lake George, NY and Saratoga Springs is the visit to the racetrack in Saratoga. I was able to get a number of photos of horses - both living and in art.












Here's the sketch I made from the photo above.



Be sure to check here to see how others around the world faced the H challenge.



WOYWW
It is that time of the week to share our workspaces at "Stamping Ground". WOYWW is the weekly meme of Julia Dunnit, a place to share and meet other artists.

Using the horse as inspiration, I did some sketching this week. I hope to do a full canvas of one of these, but I do need more practice. This will be a September challenge for myself.
Here's my workspace this week - my dining room table.



Shopping today, I discovered a lovely felt leaf placemat that I thought would work well on the gelli plate. I haven't used it for a while so thought I'd play with creating some backgrounds. .But the plate seems to be losing some of its properties and paint was hard to spread.
Here's a look at my art table with the placemat to the left.


After creating a number of papers, only one really showed the leaves:


It may be the placemat is too absorbent or I need a new gelli plate. But it was fun to just experiment and play with paint for a while. Haven't done that all summer!

8 comments:

Hildred said...

Noble animals, - horses seem to have so much dignity. In life and in art.

Lea said...

Love the sculptures!

Julia Dunnit said...

Nothing like some play time that doesn't have any motive other than enjoyment! The table mat is a fab idea.

April said...

I really like the leaves and the fall colors. I didn't know gelli plates didn't last forever. :-(
April #45

Unknown said...

wonderful images of a wonderful animal...

Have a nice day
Melody abc-w-team)

Lmkazmierczak said...

Love horses...played with toy horses more than dolls as a kid. And absolutely lovely results on that art piece♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/a-personification-of-humidity/

Unknown said...

Fun to see all the horse photos but the painted sculpture made me laugh! I am admiring that place mat. I would have been hard pressed to get paint on it but as a fellow painter I can understand wanting to use it. The one gelli print that did come out is beautiful. Diane #35

Leslie: said...

Those are some heavy duty horses - both living and artistic! Looks like you had fun there.

Leslie
abcw team