Tuesday, March 10, 2015

ABC Wednesday - I for Inks and WOYWW


This week at ABC Wednesday, I is the letter of focus.

I is for ink sprays.
I have several ink sprays but have not used them very much. I decided to create a background with the ink sprays (on an altered book)

(and journal)



and then I used stencils to spray some hearts.Then added some cut hearts and a quote to finish the page.


The quote is by Ralph Waldo Emerson:

 "Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."




WOYWW

Time to share your worktable for WOYWW - the fun meme hosted by Julia at "Stamping Ground" Join in the fun.


Here is my work table after I had glued on the quote in the altered book to the left. To the right is the journal with the second layer of stencils only. Still not sure where that is going. I should have included a photo of my fingers - a little pink and purple. Inks stain a bit!

12 comments:

Trubes said...

Ink spots indeed!
And such a clever use of them, you have such a talent and thanks for sharing it.

Best wishes,
Di.
ABCW team.

Unknown said...

Love that technique! And I know what you mean about your fingers...I sort of avoid painting when I've just gotten a manicure, which is sad! Because I do love it. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #48

Anita (Rosy) said...


Normally I just paint in the background, however your method looks so much easier and fun too.

Thank you for sharing and teaching me a new trick too.

Anne said...

All looks fabulous. I had a card making class this afternoon for two people- I was teaching not stamping and i'm covered in ink:-) Anne x #32

April said...

Great looking journal pages.
April #65

betty-NZ said...

That certainly makes for some lovely and unique patterns.

Lmkazmierczak said...

I can see in the background you have lots of supplies....nice results♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/incline/

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Cool! That looks like a lot of fun. You have me wanting to learn more about ink sprays and altered books.
The View from the Top of the Ladder

Julia Dunnit said...

Look at that..all those neatly colour organised paints...says a lot about you gal! Loving the spray pages, nice results. Hope your fingers aren't looking bruised!

Roger Owen Green said...

Wow, that shows real talent!
ROG, ABCW

Patrink said...

Thx for sharing your space. Love your use of color. Happy WOYWW
pat #78

orneryswife said...

I am here from the a to z list. I've followed... :) Nice little place you have here. I look forward to getting acquainted.
tm