Tuesday, November 25, 2014

ABC Wednesday - T



This week at ABC, it is time for T

Continuing with quotes for writers, are are those for T:

T is for Henry David Thoreau - He was a 19th century  American author, poet, philosopher,  and historian.(among many of his talents)



(a quote really, for anyone who has goals to achieve)




T is also for Dylan Thomas, one of the world's most esteemed poets.



(included are 2 pieces of his most famous poems)


Check here to see what others chose for T

6 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Always reminds me of a Paul Simon lyric."When he says Dylan, he means Dylan Thomas, whoever he was. The man ain't got no culture."


ROG, ABCW

ChrisJ said...

I do admire Dylan Thomas's poetry and gift, but oh! his lines about not going 'gentle' into that good night, but rage against it....is just so diametrically opposed to what I believe that it takes my breath away when I am reminded of it. Don't mean to preach, but, Christ has conquered death and the beautiful future in the new heavens and new earth is so real to me that when it is time for me to go, I will be eagerly accepting what awaits me. Meanwhile, I will try to do what I can to bring about heaven on earth to those around me.

Reader Wil said...

Amen, Chris!
I also like Dylan Thomas, but. it doesn't mean I agree always with him.
Anyway, have a great week!
Wil, ABCW Team.

Chubskulit Rose said...

JUst like Wil, I don't agree with Dylan Thomas sometimes.

Thankful

Deniz Bevan said...

Letter T! I'll have to go back and see what else I missed. Love the quotes you've chosen.

Powell River Books said...

Great philosophers and authors. - Margy