Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Saying Good-Bye to 2013



This year began with choosing my word for the year - JOY. It was a good word - as I needed to seek out joy. It appeared in many small moments throughout the year. I created, I wrote, I explored new things.
Joy filled my art literally:




2013 was the year that I retired, after 36 years of education. It was the right decision but it was still a very difficult one to make. I am still adjusting to the changes.
I have been following reverb and have been looking back on the year. It is good to see where you have gone and what you have done.
But...
As the year ends, I know I am looking forward to new beginnings, new adventures and new challenges.

A new quote showed up on facebook today:

Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book.
 Write a good one.

Yes, a very good motto, one I am aiming for.

May everyone have a wonderful New Year's celebration tonight!

No comments: