Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday Weekly Wrap-Up



This has been an interesting week.  3 days with no phone, internet and TV, followed by a 2 day weekend  of art classes.

We finally got our services back Friday night. The good news was that I got 3 books read:

"Broken Wings" by Carla Stewart

"The Recipe Box" by Sandra Lee

"The Creative Habit" by Twyla Tharp

I enjoyed them all.


The courses this weekend were excellent and taught by Donna Downey (yes! that Donna Downey!).
There is a wonderful art studio- the Art House Studio - in Cambridge that I only recently discovered and it is wonderful.

Saturday's class was a Mixed Media class where we produced a 12 page mixed media book and learned new techniques.. Loved it!




Sunday's class was an acrylic abstract course where we completed 3 small canvases. Again I loved it and learned new techniques,


(This was my favourite canvas of the 3)

Fall Tree of  Intentions
For the past two years I have created a tree of fall intentions, to guide me through the fall months, to focus on what intentions I have for the coming season.
My intentions fall under six areas: Creative, Healthy living, Retirement, Spiritual, Social and Intellectual. It becomes a very visual focus for the season ahead.





ATCs
I also created some ATCs this week:






(I had a few other larger pieces for a trade but did not scan them.)


Linking with

Creative Every Day

Inspire Me Monday

Glue It Tuesday

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there! Just wanted to say thanks for the follow on Pinterest; I'm happy to be following you back :o) Hope you are having a great Tuesday!

croppedstories@gmail.com

Patricia said...

Oooh!! Your work is filled with luscious color! ANd I adore your "Fall Intentions Tree"! Great idea!