Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Slice of Life


 Two Writing Teachers hosts "The Slice of Life" each week. I have participated several times and enjoy visiting other blogs to catch up on others' slices.
This week I needed to unburden. I have been weighed down by a tragedy that I am still finding difficult to comprehend.

Saturday was my dear daughter's 28th birthday. While my husband and I were not able to attend her party on Saturday, we did get together on Sunday and had a lovely lunch .  After lunch though , my daughter had very sad news.

 A close friend's 23 year old son was was killed in the early morning hours on Dec. 1st.,  as the result of a mistake of a 20 year old woman who's car crossed into his path and killed him.   It was senseless; he  had no chance.


My children grew up with T-Mo and we were always at each other's houses while my children were growing up. He was always positive, always smiling and had a bright future.



We love you T-Mo. We miss you already. The world has lost a shining star..




Parents are not supposed to outlive their children. I cannot imagine how the parents and his siblings and grandparents are dealing with this horrific death.

My own children have really been shaken by his death. We will all be attending the service on Saturday.

Prayers do help. But,  it does make one want to hold on tighter to those we love. We never know when the end may come. We need to live life fully and with kindness. Loving well is the only defense.

6 comments:

writekimwrite said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It is just so sad. I am sending a prayer and taking your words to love and be kind to heart.

elsie said...

A loss such as this is heart breaking. It makes us grab onto those we love and want to hold them close. Life is precious.

Lee Ann Spillane said...

Your post brought to mind a friend whose grand daughter died on my son's birthday. I remember silently crying into his hair as I tucked him in. Loving well is indeed a good defense. I hope you and family find comfort this week and beyond as you deal with this tragic loss.

drferreriblogspot.com said...

Such a sad and sensless loss can indee shake you to your bones and make you numb with grief. While you and your children will likely be forever changed by this sad turn of life, I pray that you all find a way to make the memories last a lifetime and his life serve as a lasting memory of the need to say "I love you" every chance we get. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Linda B said...

My response to these things is 'not fair, not fair'. So sad, and senseless as you said, Beverley. He looks so happy in his picture, such a handsome young man! I'm sorry for all of your grief.

Stacey Shubitz said...

How incredibly sad. There are no words that can make sense of a tragedy like this.