Monday, December 31, 2012

Slice of Life - Hello 2013


It has only been 2013 for an hour. We watched the Dick Clark special - I still remember him from American Bandstand! We toasted in the New Year as the ball dropped in Time Square. 


This past year has sped by. Ups and downs, happy times and sad. I have been looking back through the questions with Reverb 12 and other places. It really does help to look back and then take the best forward.

One of the ways I prepare for the New year is to choose One word that will represent my hopes for this brand new year. Last year I chose "Carpe Diem" - seize the day. I had hoped that as I began my 60's, that I would fill my days with challenge and activity and creativity. Many days were like that, but gradually as the fall came and I dealt with pain and illness and school politics, that passion was missing.

So, I have chosen a new word for 2013, that will continue with being positive and seek the best in people and situations:   J O Y




It is a word with power and positivity. I am looking forward to finding more joy in my life. I want to savour every moment and spend more time with my family and friends. Simple acts of kindness, continuing with my gratitude journal, and looking at everything as a gift - all these will be ways to find that joy.


"Slice of Life" can be found at Two Writing Teachers.

To find out more about One Word, check out "One Word 365". It is building a community to support one another in living the word. 


Happy New Year everyone - may 2013 be filled with joy, peace and love for all.

14 comments:

shogem said...

Wonderful word choice. It is not easy to find the joy at times, but when you make it your purpose in life it becomes easy to find.

drferreriblogspot.com said...

What a wonderful way to embrace each and every moment - with JOY!

Margaret Simon said...

When I hear the word Joy, I think of the Christmas hymn "Joy to the World." Singing the word Joy at the highest note. I also love the way this simple word looks. You should print it out in different fonts and tape it to places you see every day. Hope your 2013 is filled with joy, joy, JOY!

PAMELA HODGES said...

Thank you for sharing your JOY. I started to buy JOY dish soap to remind me to have Joy every day. I am the most discouraged washing dishes.I hope you have a wonderful year.

Ruth Ayres said...

JOY is a lovely word. I think you are on to something with tying it to gratitude. Thanks for slicing today.
Ruth

Linda B said...

I love the way you led us to your word for this year, Beverley. Joy seems a lovely way to approach anything. I wish you much of it in 2013!

Lola Writes said...

Joy is a word that we should all work to achieve. There are so many joys in life that we don't appreciate. I love your commitment to find joy this year.

Jaana said...

I love the word JOY!!

LibraryDragon/Storykeeper said...

May you find joy in abundance!

Lee Ann Spillane said...

I love the word you chose (and your painting!). How did you create the dotted background? With bubble wrap? I like the layering. I chose be for my word. This will be the first year I focus on just one little word. Glad to see you will too.

Amy Rudd said...

May you find joy in all parts of your life! Your art work inspired me to create a picture to go with my post-but it will come later as my need for balance pops into my head...

fireflytrails said...

I think you are on to something - when you "savour every moment and spend more time with my family and friends" you will definitely find joy. Happy New Year!

writekimwrite said...

Joy it IS a word "with power and positivity". May your one little word lead you in 2013.

Piper said...

Joy is also my one word...I love....power & positivity !! May God show & lead you to many blessings through your kindness! I love it!