Friday, November 9, 2012

Gelli Plate



In September I won a gelli plate from Marcia Beckett of "Art is Basic" - a fabulous blog for art teachers and those wanting art ideas.
It wasn't until tonight that I actually got it out and experimented - and now I am addicted! I was feeling sick today and really not feeling like doing too much. Then I remembered the gelli plate - and the video I  had recently watched.
What fun it was to just play and not worry about what I would create.

Here are a few of the pieces I made:

This was the table top after I was done!



This is using bubblewrap.


I can see so much potential for this. great for journal pages and ATC backgrounds.
I will definitely be playing with paint, stencils and the gelli plate a lot!

Thought I would an some additional video for you to see and check out the fun:

at Carolyn Dube

There are so may more on Youtube - be sure to check them out as well.


7 comments:

Linda B said...

Wow-I'm going to share this with the other teachers. They do lots of art in the classes, so will love the idea. The end result looks great. Thanks, Beverley!

Anoeska said...

That is great! Hope you're feeling better.

Judy Hartman said...

My first visit to you from AEDM!
I have a geli plate I purchased a while ago, but have never used - your results are inspiring and encouraging me to "play" with mine sometime soon!

bethania said...

It is very addictive indeed. I've watched this video too and also loved the technique of printing will gelatin taught in this link: http://lindagermain.com/resume
You'll love it too!

AtelierLeonie said...

Love the bubblewrap print. Felt a little off today too, but found once I got into doing art it does get addictive! At least it's a health addiction.

Leah said...

Oooh, fun! great textures!

Dani - Diane - ATA Girls said...

What fun - thanks for sharing. Joining from Inspire me Monday - http://allthoseartsygirls.blogspot.com/