Saturday, July 21, 2012

Shadow Shot Sunday


What a glorious morning! The heat and humidity have finally departed (at least for  awhile)
I got up at 6:30 this morning and watched and waited for  the sun  to wash over  the back of our yard. About 9 am, after reading 2 newspapers and checking the blogworld, I was finally able to get outside for shadow hunting.

First shot was of our new baby dove - finally got to see it this morning, just peeping out from under its mom.


Then off to the back yard, for some shots of chairs and things.



Of course I had to get a couple of shots of our newest flowers:





Now this little bronze critter my hubby captured a couple of days ago and we have no idea what kind of bug (probably a beetle) it is. Any ideas?



Be sure to check out the great shadows from around the world here.

10 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

A baby dove--how exciting! Do you keep them for pleasure or for feasting? :)

Meaning in Shadows

Ralph said...

It is very nice that you were allowed to get near the baby bird (with the right lens...)

The yard shadows are cool, the chair is for sitting and the shadow invites us to relax - after viewing the lovely flowers and shadows! Your estate is lovely!

Sylvia K said...

Lovely shadow shots for the day, Bev! I do love the baby dove!! And such beautiful flowers! Happy SSS! Enjoy your weekend!

robin. said...

darn beetles...always have to spoil things...your flower shots are lovely...they make me smile!!!

LV said...

Your early morning outing paid off. Very nice morning shots.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Lovely shadows.

Any advise and tips you could give to my shadow shot entry would be so much appreciated. Have a blessed Sunday.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Bev, i just love this picture of the dove...reminds me of so many mornings when i was a child and heard the doves cooing....love that memory :) do enjoy your week ahead!!
karla & karrie

Hootin Anni said...

awwwwwwwww, cute photo of the bird! I love bird watching. Your lilies are stupendous...love the color. And that's a beetle? At first I thought it was a ladybug, but now I realize it IS a beetle. Coppery. I bet it was pretty with a closer view.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Bev I was up at 5:30 this morning but by the time I got out it was close to 7 .. that beetle is a bad critter and I would literally get rid of it before it starts munching on your flowers and veggies !
The baby dove is sweet .. we have 3 doves that visit us a lot .. for the birdbath and seed .. but they nest some where else so we don't see babies.
I hate this weather .. can't wait for Autumn , but the poor trees are so dry I don't think we will have much of a show with coloured leaves darn it !
Good shadows girl !
Joy

EG CameraGirl said...

Sadly, that's a Japanese beetle - Popillia japonica - and it's a voracious eater.