Thursday, May 31, 2012

What are you going to Read This Summer?




Another interesting linky, this time from The Clutter-Free Classroom - what are you planning to read this summer?

I am planning to focus on writing this summer. So several books on writing are just waiting to be read or reread - the main 2 are these:

"Day by Day" by Ruth Ayres and Stacey Shubitz


I receive the weekly newsletter from Stenhouse and it is always filled with great info, as well as opportunities to preview books online. This is one of them - I want to review it.


"The Art of Teaching Writing" by Lucy Calkins




I also plan to take part in the Summer Writing Camp (check out the info here at "Two Writing Teachers' blog - a great resource). It will be a perfect opportunity to develop my own writing skills and be involved in a writing community. It starts June 4!

Summer is my time to catch up on all the books I have been either piling beside my desk at home or listing in a notebook, that others have recommended.  Here are a few I am anxious to get into:

The Outlander by Gil Adamson

The Pact by Jodi Picoult

Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin

Women Food and God by Geneen Roth

The Dressmaker of Khair Khana byGayle T. Lemmon


I am also planning on reading as many YA and picture books as I am able. I plan to frequent the library more often and check out books that I can use as mentor texts.

All in all, I am so looking forward to a summer of reading.

Be sure to check out the great lists from others here.

No comments: