Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday



Today Jamie Ridler gain poses a very intriguing, seemingly simple question:


Who do you wish to have tea with?

As I thought about it, I thought of people in the past who I might have liked to have tea with - people like Katherine Hepburn, Virginia Woolf, Mother Teresa, Corrie Ten Boom or Rachel Carson for example - To listen to their accumulated wisdom, to hear their stories.

But I realized that what I would like most is to reconcile the women in our family, to gather the sisters, daughters, cousins and aunts together; to share our hurts and feelings and wishes and needs; to expose the past and wash it away with pot after pot of tea; to cry and hug and feel each others' pain; to reconnect in love.

A Jamie says:
"You can be a maker of magic and a tender of wishes. It’s easy. Answer the wish prompt above on your blog. Support wishes by visiting other participants. It’s that simple. There is great power in wishing together."

10 comments:

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

As Bev wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Bonita Rose said...

a beautiful wish.
as you wish, I wish for you also!
Hugs and happy Wednesday!
bonitarose
http://bonitarose.com

Amanda St.Clair said...

That's so beautiful! As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also.

Amy said...

As others have said, beautiful! As you wish so I wish for you!

createwithkim.com said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

May we all reconcile!

SandraH said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

Dominee said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

Ginny said...

I truly hope that this wish will come true. As you wish for yourself and your family, I wish for you as well.

Camilla said...

Oh, I wish we could do that in my family.

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Such a compassionate, healing wish!
As Bev wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.