Yesterday, I spent most of the day at the hospital, as my husband had surgery. Scheduled for 4pm it didn't happen until 5:30 and I didn't get to see him til 8. He seems to be doing okay and may come home today.
It is strange though coming home to an empty house.
I missed posting my gratitudes and with his surgery, I really need to:
I am so grateful for:
51. my husband
52. skilled doctors and nurses
53. our provincial health care
54. Rose, my step-daughter, who drove me to and from the hospital
55. family and friends who care
56. books that can occupy your mind and keep you from worrying
57. comfort food - chocolate brownies and tea
58. Christmas lights shining all the way home last night
59. art - that keeps my mind and hands busy
60. for prayers -mine and others