Sunday, November 13, 2011

101 in 1001 Days



Friday November 11th saw the end of my 101 Things to do in 1001 Days.



When I started the list back in Feb.2009, it was a challenge to just make the list, let alone think 2 + years into the future. But the time has past and I did accomplish many things on my list. Not all of them, but a lot. Did I think it worthwhile? Yes, very much so. It helped me set goals and although not all were met, I believe I accomplished more because there was a list.


This quote is quite true:



"The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal.

The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach." by Benjamin E. Mays




So today I have begun a new list of goals, some from my first list and many new ones. The next 1001 days will pass, whether I plan or not - so I want to reach for many new things - especially retirement! And fittingly enough, the 1001st day falls on my Mom's birthday in 2014!


(I will add my list to the side over the next week)


Check here for the original site of 101 in 1001, where you can help creating your own list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cool project! How neat that you are going to go it again - it must have been very helpful to keep you focused on on track :)

Thanks for sharing it.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the next 1001 days!