Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday Wrap-UP and Summer of Colour

(From our garden this week)


This has been a week of not much art. As the school year comes to an end, final marking and report cards have been consuming my time. I am almost done!


I haven't even been creating ATCs, as Canada Post is on strike - so mail won't be going anywhere!



I was also able to play with some paint this afternoon as I waited for my husband's children and grandchildren to arrive for a Father's Day barbecue.



This week we were working on green for "Summer of Colour" at "Twinkle Twinkle". As I did last week, I did a colour collage with magazine cutouts and changing colour values.










Then I played with different green acrylic paints. I will be using these for backgrounds for ATC s and other projects.









It will be interesting to see what everyone does this week.


One of my passions has been to take photos - two of my favourite subjects are skies and flowers. Here are a few shots from this past week.











13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dreamboard looks like a wonderful inspiration. Your mail is on strike, though? Can they do that there? Weird! I hope it doesn't last long.

Liette alias Pixelle said...

you have a lot of creativity...just a pleasure to see your photos...I like it..see you next week for an other project of color...

K J D said...

Great post..... I love your green collage page and back grounds. See you for pink!

Anonymous said...

nice collage and some lovely backgrounds for ATCs

Mandy said...

great collage and great collection of photos too...i am a cloud taker thoi these days the quality isnt great as i use my phone camera mostly...gotta love a good cloud formation...thanks for sharing...xxx

Netty said...

Terrific greens.

JessiVille said...

Don't you just love playing in paint? Great collage for our green week and you've got a nice background for your ATC's when the post is done striking! I love your photos too! Jessi xox

Kristin said...

Oh, such beautiful flowers! Really elegant and fresh. And your journal is so much fun to see - I love the green values on your pages and all your green elements - thank you for playing along, xo

Sandi McLean said...

Your green collage is quite wonderful!

Joanna said...

Great green collage and those backgrounds will look superb!

Chris said...

Loving all your different processes what fun :D

Ginny said...

You are a great photographer. Hope you get to take lots of fun pictures this summer.

Daniele Valois said...

nice papers! I love doing this and using your own work.