Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday


Jamie Ridler has posed another great question:

What do you wish to read?

I have been a reader all my life. It is pure pleasure for me to curl up on the couch and get lost in a book. Books have always been my friends. Teaching full time has cut my book reading time. I spend more time reading magazines throughout the school year and save books for holidays. Sometimes though a great book just calls out to be read, even though I know I shouldn't. This past month I finally read "Good in Bed" by Jennifer Wiel ( a great book) and The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (loved it!).

My weakness is books and I have trouble going to Costgo and not coming out with at least one book. Last week I walked out with 3! I always have books waiting to be read. Friends recommend books and a gal at work trades books with me. Right now I have 2 books on the go - "Half Broke Horses" by Jeannette Walls and "The Hours" by Michael Cunningham. The next 2 to be read will most likely be: Heart of the Matter" by Emily Giffin and "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett.

I keep a notebook that lists books that have had great reviews, been recommended by someone or is a new book by a favourite author. I also keep track of great art books that I want to get.

I just read a recent post by Lis of "Dandelion Seeds and Dreams" about her love of books and why she wouldn't want a kindle. I can so relate to what she wrote. I write in my books and share them and treasure them I can't imagine reading from a cold kindle!

I wish I had more time to read though - without the guilt! I also wish I could read all the books I have waiting to be read!

As Jamie says: "You can be a maker of magic and a tender of wishes. It’s easy. Answer the wish prompt above on your blog . Support wishes by visiting other participants. It’s that simple. There is great power in wishing together."

Please take part in my giveaway - you have until Easter Sunday to comment here!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I share your wish. I've resorted to finding "creative uses" for the many books waiting to be read. (Inventive end table anyone?)

As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Thanks for the recommendations. :)
As Bev wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Genie Sea said...

A good book is like nothing else. I love everything about reading, except I can't get into e-books. I prefer the organic kind!

As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you! :)

Karen D said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.. I am right there with not wanting the kindle, I love holding my books..