Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday


As I read Jamie's prompt today, I knew I had to respond!


What do you wish to transform?



Several weeks ago I entered a contest to win a $25,000 kitchen makeover. Yesterday the first round of 100 finalists was announced and I did not make the cut. I could not believe how disappointed I was!

Here is my entry:

Cinderella Transformation Needed Description: When I was growing up, the kitchen was the heart of our home. Cooking meals and baking wonderful-smelling treats, long chats over delicious meals - these always kept our family together with so much laughter and sharing.Today, I would love to have that intimacy. But our space now is too small, cluttered and very outdated. I want light, space, plenty of room to move around: a place for baking where I can actually roll out pastries and cookie dough; a place where my husband and I can comfortably work together to create a meal; a place where visitors feel welcome and can pitch in; and a place finally, for all my many cookbooks and my husbands steins, both of which are homeless.I would so love for my cramped, "cottagey"-styled kitchen to have a Cinderella transformation.On my wish list would be new, updated cabinets and appliances, a new wall of cupboards and cabinets with a baking centre, all sporting a fresh, new outlook!


In less than 250 words I put my dream on paper. With Jamie's question, I know that I have to take that dream and actually do it! So, I want and need to transform my kitchen, and as well my living space. No more talking and dreaming - action is required!


As Jamie says:

"You can be a maker of magic and a tender of wishes. It’s easy. Answer the wish prompt above on your blog . Support wishes by visiting other participants. It’s that simple. There is great power in wishing together."


Visit Jamie Ridler Studios and the other wishercasters!

11 comments:

erinrichardson said...

As you wish to transform your kitchen, Beverley, so do I wish for you as well.

Domestic and Damned said...

As you intend for yourself, I too am aligned with you.


http://ramennoodlesagain.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Whether you actually won the contest or not, you are a winner. You described the perfect kitchen for you and now you are going to make it happen. As you wish for yourself and your kitchen, I wish for you as well.

You wrote a beautiful description of the kitchen you want. I pictured it so clearly because of how you described it. Have fun making your wish come true.

Amanda St.Clair said...

Your dream kitchen sounds great! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

What a wonderful kitchen! As you wish to transform your home, I wish with for you as well.

Mare/TommyGirl said...

Even though you didn't win, it sounds like entering started you on the journey you were meant for.

As you wish for yourself (and your kitchen), so I truly wish for you also.

Sarah Lulu said...

Of course ...you don't need to win the competition to achieve your dream, the Universe will provide another way.

As you wish for yourself I so lovingly wish this for you also.

Grammy said...

Hi Bev,
I had a new kitchen in my old home. It is wonderful to put things where you want. And I love pull out drawer. I had some that were 3 foot wide.

As you wish for yourself, I also wish for you. :)

Lis said...

Oh Beverly, this Cinderella fairy tale MUST have a fairy godmother somewhere! Yes, you can make this into a reality ... I love your description, I can see the place and you in it!

As Beverly wishes for herself, so I too wish for her and her cookbooks and her husband's steins!

xo Lis

Anonymous said...

As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well!

Hestia...that's what(who)came to mind as I read this. Surely, someone who has such a heart for her kitchen - for nuturing both body and soul - should get her wish!

Kristin said...

Very cool. Sorry you did not make the original cut, but who knows how it all may turn out in the future . . . good luck and thank you for your visit ;) xo