Tuesday, October 12, 2010

ABC Wednesday - M is for a Multitude of Artists




ABC Wednesday is upon us again - M is our letter of focus.

As I thought about artists whose last initial is M, I was struck by just how many artists there are.
2 of my favourite Canadian artists:

JEH Macdonald -one of the Group of Seven



David Milne - known for his landscapes, in oils and watercolour


Henri Matisse - French artist known for his use of colour; recognized as a leading figure in modern art.


Late in life he turned to collages.


Claude Monet - a founder of the French Impressionist movement and one of my favourites.




Modigliani - an Italian artist who was known for his elongated portraits





Henry Moore - English sculptor and artist




I'll leave the list here, but there are many more - Molinari, Manet......


Be sure to visit the other great participants here.

12 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Terrific post for the M Day, Bev! Love all the artists you have listed! Hope your week is going well! Have a lovely evening!

Sylvia

photowannabe said...

Love the artists and the paintings you showed. Wonderful choices for the letter M.

Strummed Words said...

You have chosen some of my favorite artists! Here's my M.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Wish you could add my name, but sadly, I am no good in art.

Roger Owen Green said...

Matisse and Monet I knew; others were new to me. nice.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

ChrisJ said...

I do love to read about the artists and I do love Monet. Is there any way you can make your pictures enlarge upon double clicking them? I would have liked to get a closer look.

Amy said...

All great artists - thank you for the reminder.

Leslie: said...

Great choices for today's M Day! My personal favourite is Monet and I used to teach my Grade 4 classes all about him. I even visited his home in Giverny, France back in 97.

Tumblewords: said...

Wonderful selection again - I'm partial to Henry Moore. The few sculptures of his that I've beeen fortunate enought to see have been awesome. Modigliani is another one I enjoy. Great theme!

teri said...

Monet is one of my very favorites. I went to see his water lilies paintings at l'orangerie in Paris this year and I was truly transported. Two rooms, surrounded by his work. I was almost overcome by the beauty of it.

EG CameraGirl said...

MMM. I very much like the work of Monet. wonderful!

Gigi Ann said...

My favorite is the Monet painting. I love his painting.