Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wishcasting Wednesday



Wishcasting Wednesday is upon us again. I have missed the last 2 prompts posed by Jamie Ridler of Jamie Ridler Studios.

Today she asks:
"What do you wish to begin?"

Just this morning I picked up "Simple Abundance" by Sarah Ban Breathnach and reading the Sept. 1st entry I decided that this was the day to start a new resolution - to live a healthy life style with time for art, reading, but especially time for family and friends.

As Sarah says: "Since ancient times, September has been viewed as the beginning of the new year, a time for reflection and resolution."

As a teacher, the beginning of September starts a new cycle, with a new class of students and new expectations.

As she continues:
"But when the leaves start turning colours, it's time for turning over a personal new leaf so that our lives might be restored. ... September resolutions are about authentic wants . What do you want more or less of in your life, so that you can love the life you're leading?"


So, Jamie 's question just reinforced what I had read and resolved!

As Jamie says:
"You can be a maker of magic and a tender of wishes. It’s easy. Answer the wish prompt above on your blog . Support wishes by visiting other participants. It’s that simple. There is great power in wishing together."

Be sure to visit other great wish-casters here.

10 comments:

Sarah Sullivan said...

As Beverly wishes for herself, I wish for her also!!! YES YES YES...me too...I so feel Fall is the beginning of my year. I have a copy of this book by my bed..and have for years...I love it! Here is to authentic wants hon!!
Hugs, Sarah

Unknown said...

i also wish for you

Ceanne said...

Sarah Ban Breathnach was one of my fist teachers into self care and law of attraction (lite). The book Simple Abundance is one of my alltime treasures. I hope you enjoy the rest of it as much as I did!

As Beverly wishes for herself, I also wish for her!

Kim Switzer said...

I always feel the new beginnings stirring in the fall, too. I like the idea that this feeling at this time of year is tied to a long tradition. Thank you for sharing that quote.

As Beverly wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

Marilyn said...

i'd completely forgotten i own that book until you mentioned it. (need to dig it out.) ;) as Beverly wishes for herself, i wish for her also.

Amy said...

As you wish so I wish for you! I too worte about taking care of myself. I also see fall as a great time to start new!

Biomouse said...

What gorgeous pictures and a lovely historical background to the renewal of September! So Beverly wishes for herself, I wish for as well.

A girl said...

As Beverly wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.
--Jo Anna

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

As Beverly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

Love the synchronicity of Jamie's question and your daily devotional. Thanks for sharing the bit that you did, as it really hit home to me what I need to be focusing on. Come October 1, I want to be ready with a plan!

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

As beverly wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.