Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wishcast Wednesday


Today at Jamie Ridler's Studios, Jamie asks us another searching question:

What Rules Do You Wish to Make or Break?

As I thought about this question, I realized the idea of rules seems to relate quite a bit to my age.

I would like to break these rules or notions:

I am over 55, and therefore as a senior I am old.
I am older, so there really can't be too many more new things to explore or do - not many firsts left.
I am old, therefore I can't lose weight, get fit, look good.
I am old, therefore I can't learn new things.

Well, I want to explode all those myths, and rules.

I may be over 55, but I am capable of so many things and there are still many firsts I can and hope to accomplish. I can and will lose weight and look fitter and better!
I am definitely not old!
There is still much to do. I can't wait til I grow up and move on to the next phase of my life!

Be sure to visit the other great wishcasters here.

5 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm definitely not old either! Ignore those numbers that get larger every year on your birthday. :) Some people act very old at 45 and others very young at 90.

Dr. Cyndi said...

Yay, Bev! Rock on with your awesome self.

As Bev wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

Yes, some people do act young at 90. There was a couple at the monthly jamboree that the Belwood Lions club sponsors, last night. They drive from far to dance the night away.

As Bev wishes so I wish for her also.

Julie Jordan Scott said...

BRAVA! I am with you in this myth-breaking boat.

Let's rock it, sister!

As Bev so wishes, I wish with her also!

This is My Wishcast!

Unknown said...

Here! here! Sometimes I wonder how I can feel so young in my head but so old in my body. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to be young all the way through!