Thursday, May 20, 2010

New Challenges/ Thankful Thursday

Tonight I was in a mood to avoid work and visit different blogs. Going from one blog to another, you are never sure where you will end up! Tonight was no exception.

Theme Thursday
I discovered "Theme Thursday" where the theme this week was "hands". The topic resonated and I ended up writing and creating a bit in my journal.

Hands tell stories about us; they are expressive, and we use them for so many things. I started a list of what we do with them - I could add so many more I am sure.


I photocopied my hand and as I looked at the lines I realized there is a lot of living in those hands. And my hands are becoming my mother's hands.




I read a story a while back about a man who so loved his father's hands and as he got older, he realized his hands were his father's.

Hand and heart go so much together and the art we create depend on both. There is work and thought and then there is feeling.




Paint With Me Thursday

I visited some other blogs that were following the challenge of dandelions through "Paint With Me Thursday"at "Simply Feather"

Now that is a much maligned weed/plant. As I thought about it, the overwhelming image was the root!




I also found this image of blowing the seeds tonight, as well!

We need to make wishes as well as putting down roots.

Thankful Thursday

I have missed a few Thankful Thursdays. At times, the challenges we take on become challenging and not as enjoyable. Trying to fit so much into a week made step back and cut back on some of the challenges/memes I was doing.

But this week there seems to be much to be thankful for:

1. My daughter and her boyfriend returned safely from Mexico.

2. We were able to watch the robins grow and leave the nest.

3. Lis of Dandelion Seeds and Dreams presented me with an award earlier in the week. Thanks Lis! Her blog is exceptional - I love visiting! Her weekly reflection sure has you thinking!

She left me questions to answer and I will do that with my Sunday Wrap-up.

4. I took part in my first World-wide Giveaway and it was fun. I will be drawing names tomorrow for the 3 prizes. Good luck everyone who entered!

5. I am so thankful for the teachers and staff at my school who support me in so many ways.

6. I am thankful that most of the children in my class actually raised there had yesterday to show that they loved reading. And, when giving choices for what they can do when work is done - many turn to reading! that was my number one goal when I started the year.

7. I am thankful for the naturalpath doctor who may be able to get to the bottom of my tiredness!

8. And lastly, I am thankful for my husband, who supports me, pushes me when I need it and then cheers me on.

4 comments:

blue china studio happy said...

Thanks for stopping by yesterday!
Like how you depicted the dandelion root.

K said...

lovely entry!

Rosie said...

What a lovely post! I like your dandelion very much - and good luck with your tiredness: I hope the naturopath can help... =)

Anonymous said...

Nice post - thanks for stopping by mine, and for the nice comment. Also hoping your journey to a healthier you is successful.