Saturday, February 27, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
I, Bev, wish to give myself permission to take time for me without feeling guilty and to take time every day to create and have some fun with art.
As Jamie says:
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Check out these sites:
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Without a doubt the place where I would most like to make a difference is with my own children and grandchildren, and with the children I teach.
"You can be a maker of magic and a tender of wishes. . Support wishes by visiting other participants. There is great power in wishing together."
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
This week at ABC Wednesday the letter of focus is E.
For me, E means exemplary educator.
In this case the educator is Rafe Esquith, who I heard speak last week at a teachers’ conference in Toronto. Then read his book over the weekend (“Teach Like Your Hair’s On Fire”) and was further enamoured of him and his teaching!
Other words could be used to describe him:
(All right, I’ll stop! I could go on though – but I think you get the message! Lol
To check out this fascinating man and his classroom visit here.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Spread the Love!
Last week I received a beautiful art tag from Sherry of Everyday Possibilities (a wonderful blog to visit!). Her friend Carolyn was "Spreading the Love" and I had responded to Sherry's giveaway. As a follow-up, I am offering to "Spread the Love" as well.
My offer is a "Friendship" art tag to 3 people who respond to this post and who tell me they would like to have a gift of love from me. I will choose 3 lucky recipients on Sat. Feb. 20.
( I haven't created my tags yet...but I will over the next few days. I hope you trust that you will like what I make.)
I am going with Sherry's rules for playing, although I am going with 3 to sign up):
"I like Carolyn's rules for playing but I'm bending them a bit. The idea is for 2 to sign up -- one to get my tag and one to send a tag to me. But I'm going with 5 who will receive from me and if any of the 5 wish to send one to me in return that would be delightful.
If you play though you must offer tags on your own blog to keep the love going!!"
Last night I had my husband draw the 3 winners for my 200th post giveaway
And the winners are..... (drumroll please!)
These ladies will receive a special ATC created by me. Thank you all who entered the giveaway - it is such a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
Saturday, February 13, 2010
* * * * * * * * * * * *
"The Eskimos have 52 words for snow because it is so special to them; there ought to be as many for love!"-Margaret Atwood
"Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart." -Author Unknown
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning." -Author Unknown
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Sunday, February 7, 2010
I have been doing a lot of blog hopping. This is the final week for One Heart One World - a wonderful way to meet other bloggers and possibly win some very special giveaways! Be sure to check it out(see the caption on the sidebar) - there are over 1000 participating!
A short post tonight. I am really tired tonight.
I have a teaching conference (Reading For the Love if It) in Toronto for 2 days (Thurs. and Fri.). I am so looking forward to hearing some great speakers and attending some informative workshops. Stephen Lewis, Eve Bunting and Patricia Polacco are 3 speakers I am going for!
Have a good week!
"Every day holds the possibility of a miracle "~ Elizabeth David
Be sure to check out the other great posts here.
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Here's another shadow from earlier in the week.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
This week there have been many things to be happy/thankful for:
1. I received the most beautiful necklace from Erin of Tesori Trovati (which I won). It has a copper chain with what I call a dreamcatcher on it. She has called this piece "Power of Positive Dreams". It will become my talisman to achieve my dreams.
2. I received more ATCs in the mail from swaps that I have done - they are such a treat to open up!
3. We have started a 20 minute DPA (daily physical activity) at school that involves dance/cardio and stretches. What a way to get moving, work out, have fun and focus on Heart Healthy Month! The children love it - so do I!
4. I have been enjoying visiting many blogs through One World One Heart - so many great giveaways. Be sure to visit - before Feb. 15!
5. I am so thankful for special programmes for special kids. I nominated one of my boys who has a real curious, obsessive mind but very weak fine motor skills for a gifted 3-day session. He is so excited tp start tomorrow. I hope this will reveal more of his strengths.
6. I am thankful for another week of safe driving to and from work.
7. I am thankful for two women (bloggers) who are keen to do ATC swaps with me! It is the first ones I will have done.
8. I am most thankful for family - they know why!
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
The story I have been holding onto has been one of guilt, anger, pain and grief - all bundled up ready to burst out when I least expect it.
I wish to let go of that destructive story that haunts me and live a story that seeks renewal, love and forgivemess.
The other story I seek to live, is the one where I am healthy, positive and creative.
As Jamie says:
"You can be a maker of magic and a tender of wishes. Support wishes by visiting other participants. There is great power in wishing together."
Visit other wishcasting participants here.
I have chosen C for Cat - as Fluffy has been a member of our family for almost 18 years ( in 2 more months.)
I can remember when we got her - she was the runt of the litter and a wild little furball. She was an outside cat for most of her life - she hunted and caught many a bird, mouse or chipmunk. It has only been the past year that she has really slowed down.
These photos were taken this morning.