Sleeping in, hot packs on my neck, reading inspiring words has helped.
1. I was overjoyed and thankful recently to have won several things:
*a course from Collage Diva which I started today (Personal Retreats). I am so looking forward to it.
*a beautiful necklace "Power of Positive Dreams” from Erin of Treasures Found
*a spell bottle from Suzie RidlerThank you so much to all three of you wonderful ladies.\!
2. I was extrememly thankful to have been totally surprised with a birthday dinner last Saturday by my husband, three stepchildren, and their families. What a lovely surprise!
3. I am thankful for my students who did not want me to leave yesterday at noon when I wasn't feeling well. I do have some very sweet kids.
4. I had a health scare Tuesday night and it really got me thinking about my mortality. The next day I came across a blog that asked: "If I had to write an autobiography now, what would be missing from it? What are the things I will need to get done before it takes shape?"
There were a series of questions to answer and I am slowly working through them. In this year of YES, it is very appropriate and timely!
5. I am thankful for Mary Ann (xstitcher) who turned a postal problem into a new friendship and a great ATC swap. (I had spent $13 to send my cards xpresspost to her and was told it would take 5 days to get the cards there. It took 19 days! Needless to say - the cards did not make the swap in time, but Mary Ann made one for me and included 2 other cards so that I could have some! What a generous person! And we had fun trying to track the cards and writing back and forth!
6. I am so thankful for all the bloggers who have visited my blog and left such encouraging comments, especially this week.
7. I am really enjoying creating the ATCs. The swaps are enjoyable and it is like Christmas everytime a new batch arrives.For the Valentine Zentangle swap
Misfit Toys Swap
8. Thanks September Mom for sending the five words for the word association meme (You write about the first word that comes to your mind when you hear the "trigger" word.) (I discovered Sunday Citar from her - it is a lovely place to visit each Sunday).
refreshing - Water - whether it is to drink, swim in or soak in, it is refreshing!
escape- Books - Books have always been my escape. I am hoping this year to read much more!
color- Red. I love the colour red and feel so good in it.
open- Door. I want to open the door to new things and new people this year.
chocolate - Lindor - These are my favourite chocolates - melt in your mouth!
(If you are interested I will pass on the favour and send you 5 words!)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *I am feeling better now (this post has been ongoing all day!)