Sunday, October 25, 2009

New Affirmation and Sunday Citar

The affirmation letter this week is R.

As I began to read Chapter 7 "Treats" of "The Joy Diet", treats seemed to relate to rewards. I had cut out the words "royal rewards" a while ago and as I searched for collage elements, this phrase jumped out at me.
So this week I will be seeking rewards/treats - treats like music, hugs, chocolate, books, flowers. Throughout the week I will explore more and I will be sure to reward myself!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Sunday Citar is a chance to share something that caught your eye, an incredible quote or a new find.

While visiting blogs last night I came across a beautiful quote by Pablo Casals (1876-1973).



"Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe, a moment that will never be again.


And what do we teach our children? We teach them that two and two make four, and that Paris is the capital of France.


When will we also teach them what they are?

We should say to each of them: Do you know what you are?



You are a marvel. You are unique.

In all the years that have passed, there has never been another child like you.Your legs, your arms, your clever fingers, the way you move.

You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, a Beethoven.You have the capacity for anything.


Yes, you are a marvel.

And when you grow up, can you then harm another who is, like you, a marvel?



You must work, we must all work, to make the world worthy of its children."




What a great message!



(I am sorry that I cannot give credit to the blogger where I found this)

Be sure to visit other participants here.

7 comments:

Muthering Heights said...

Very sweet!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Beautiful!

septembermom said...

That quote will stay with me for awhile. Wonderful. Thank you!

Leone said...

What a beautful quote, if only we had all been told that when we were growing up what a great would this would be.
I hope you remember to treat yourself lots this week, you deserve it.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

that's a wonderful quote - thank you for sharing!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

That is a beautiful quote Beverley. I do agree with it and increasingly have issues with our education systems.
Janice.

Leah said...

wow, what a great quote. thanks for sharing it!